PREPARING FOR LIFE AT SCHOOL
Preparing for life at school
Just as positive encouragement, support and the cultivation of independence is important at home, it also plays a role in your child’s school and extracurricular activities.
- Meet with the school’s administrators and your child’s teachers to identify your child’s specific needs..
- Ask if the school has educational assistants, an educational hearing healthcare professional or a speech pathologist to assist your child in and outside of the classroom.
- Have your child meet with his/her teacher before school begins to establish a mutual comfort level.
- Work with your child’s teacher to create a classroom that will offer an ideal listening environment for your child, including an appropriate seating plan, background noise reduction tips and natural light for speech reading.
- Show your child’s teacher how the hearing aids work including replacing batteries.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org